Welcome to the Shamrock family! This page is full of helpful info as your family begins their journey at SGE.
Beginner’s Day is a day held at the end of spring for incoming kindergartners and their families so they can get to know the teachers and staff, and learn more about what to expect at SGE. Check our PTA Calendar for dates.
Summer Play Dates
Social events held during the summer, hosted by the PTA, at nearby neighborhood parks. These events are a great opportunity for new and rising Kindergarten families to get to know each other. Check our PTA Calendar for the 2023 Summer dates.
Uniforms are required for all scholars enrolled at Shamrock Gardens Elementary School. The uniform must be worn every day unless it is a designated uniform-free day. SGE usually holds ONE uniform-free day each month. See the calendar for schedule. The school uniform consists of:
- Bottoms: Dark blue or khaki bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts, jumpers, skorts, etc.) Shorts and skirts should fall slightly above the knee line. Scholars SHOULD NOT wear blue jeans of any kind.
- Tops: White, light or dark green, light or dark blue tops (long os short sleeved shirts, blouses, turtlenecks, etc.) All tops must have a collar or must be dress shirt (no T-shirts). Shirts must be tucked into pants at all times. Shamrock school spirit T-shirts can be part of the daily uniform as long as they are paired with uniform bottoms.
- Dresses: Dark blue or khaki. Dresses should fall slightly above the knee line.
- Socks, Leggings, and Tights: Scholars should wear dark blue, white or neutral colored socks, leggings, or tights with their uniforms.
- Shoes: Scholars will be expected to wear shoes that have a closed toe and flat. Scholars can wear tennis shoes or any type of other casual or dress shoes. Please no heels/wedges. Open-toe and open-heel shoes such as sandals and flip-flops are not permitted for safety reasons.
- Belts: Scholars will be expected to wear a dark-colored belt when necessary with their uniforms (i.e. pants, skirts, shorts, that are larger than a child’s waist). Shirts/blouses must be tucked into pants at all times.
- Hats: Scholars will not be allowed to wear hats, caps, hoods, or scarves inside the school building.
- Scholars are to be in uniform everyday, except on scheduled non-uniform days (see school calendar: LINK) or when special permission is granted by administration for Spirit Days.
Bus Information: Please visit the CMS Transporation Page for information about riding the bus. LINK:https://www.cmsk12.org/buses . You can sign up through the website and download the Here Comes the Bus App to track your scholar’s bus.
Child Nutrition Services/Cafeteria
This is the department that provides breakfast and lunch to our scholars each day. For more information visit: https://www.cmsk12.org/domain/96. You can also find the link to PayPams (Pay Parent Account Management System). LINK: https://www.paypams.com. PayPams is the online payment service CMS uses to manage all cafeteria purchases. Families can load money on their scholar’s account to be used for food and beverages. Another important App to download is the Nutrislice App: https://cms.nutrislice.com/menus-eula. The Nutrislice App displays the school breakfast and lunch menu each day.
Order your new Shamrock scholar’s spirit wear here: http://www.sgespiritwear.com/sge
Have questions? Check out the SGE Glossary.
School Contact Information
Address: 3301 Country Club Dr. Charlotte, NC 28205
School Webpage: https://www.cmsk12.org/Page/608#calendar15261/20230417/month
School Email: email@example.com
PTA Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/shamrockgardenspta/
PTA Public Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/shamrockpta
PTA Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/174389765909267
PTA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org